Find
Notify
Tools

Ithaca and Baker buttstocks...same?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Somewhere deep in the recesses of what was once my mind, I seem to recall that the Baker company was bought by Ithaca, and that the Baker and Ithaca single barrel trap guns are actually the same gun sold under two different names.

Is that true?

And if it is, does that mean that a buttstock for an Ithaca single barrel trap gun will fit a Baker single barrel trap gun?

How about a forend?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
BakerHistory

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
BakerHistory

Thanks, that clears that up SOME.

Now I have to dig my gun out, check the serial number to see if it is a Flues Model or a Knick Model, and go from there. I have located another website which provides parts diagrams for all of the Baker/Ithaca/Smith/LeFever and other guns made by that firm. It also appears they have sold at least three times since 1922, so then I will have to find out what they still can provide.

But you got me started on what I hope is the right track, so many thanks.

(BTW, I suspect my gun MAY be a very, very early Flues Model Baker...sort of a late Baker, early Ithaca, but at this point, who knows?)

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ithaca and Baker buttstocks...same?

Welcome, Urban_Redneck [Logout]

Alberta Canuck
one of us
Posted 31 January 2012 01:41
Somewhere deep in the recesses of what was once my mind, I seem to recall that the Baker company was bought by Ithaca, and that the Baker and Ithaca single barrel trap guns are actually the same gun sold under two different names.

Someone on doublegunshop.com could likely help some photos and the serial# is all you need.

Posts: 49 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 December 2008Reply With Quote