New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 Lux MAGAZINE FLOOR PLATE -STEEL?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings from South Africa. I own a CZ 550 lux in 7x57 and cant seem to find a steel magazine floorplate. Mine is made of plastic! Letters to CZUSA have remained unanswered.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are sure you are not confusing the magazine follower with the floorplate?

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you do mean the follower...or "platform" I'll bet a 98 Mauser will work

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the speedy replies. Even the follower is made of plastic! The follower doesnt really bother me "outa sight outa mind"

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Petersen's "Rifle Shooter" Sept/Oct 2004:

Jon R. Sundra states in his article "CZ 550 American" in the same issue something like this: "The only incongruous thing about this rifle is the fact that, while the TG/floorplate frame is one piece of solid steel, the floorplate itself is some sort of polycarbonate."

Posts: 106 | Location: Tasmania | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never handled one of these...Is it possible 98 bottom metal would fit?

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know............never handled the shorter length action enough to know..........i would expect them to be the same as the earlier ZKK 600/601 excepting minor differences like the trigger, shroud and safety. As to whether M98 bottom metal would fit, it would be nice to know - someone out there must have both.

Posts: 106 | Location: Tasmania | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lal,
Several years ago I ordered a cz550 mannlicher and it came with a plastic floorplate and a steel follower. I called CZ and inquired about purchasing a steel replacement floor plate. I then very politely informed them that I was quite disappointed to buy the rifle with the reputation for using high quality, traditional materials and then have the rifle come with a plastic part. They then sent me a steel one for free. I think they have since abandoned using plastic floorplates/followers. None of the CZ 550's I have purchased before or since have had any major plastic parts.

I don't know if they will ship firearms parts to SA, but you can try e-mailing gunsmith@cz-usa.com to see if they will take care of you.

Seriously, what marketing genius decided to use a plastic floorplate on an otherwise all steel/wood traditional hunting rifle.

Wes

Posts: 213 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a CZ 550 FS in 9.3x62 that has a plastic floorplate and was told by the seller that CZ would replace it with a steel one on request. I emailed Cz, but was told that they were shut down for the first part of the year. Still am waiting to hear from them. Gary

Posts: 465 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have sent CZ USA numerous e-mails but to date no reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen I've just received a reply from CZ and Im dissapointed with their response. They say that the magazine floorplate I am looking for is a "rarity" and are unable to assist me!Anybody out there know what I can do now? I was thinking that if someone in the U.S. could buy me one and send it to me? Anyone who can do that for me? CZ USA has in stock I believe but are unable to ship parts outside of the U.S. PLEASE HELP!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...we (Sound metal products) have a bunch of different sizes...send me a detailed drawing duane@cusomgunandrifle.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Duane, will do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lal:
Gentlemen I've just received a reply from CZ and Im dissapointed with their response. They say that the magazine floorplate I am looking for is a "rarity" and are unable to assist me!Anybody out there know what I can do now? I was thinking that if someone in the U.S. could buy me one and send it to me? Anyone who can do that for me? CZ USA has in stock I believe but are unable to ship parts outside of the U.S. PLEASE HELP!!!
Call - Don't write the parts dept. their email response is always poor.I'm not sure some of the people there answering the phone have even shot a rifle. and yes I saw you are in Africa. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mousegun. I'm afraid of what I might say to them if I call them!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed about a METAL foreend cap for my 452 FS they replied they did not have metal caps- plastic only- I called the partsdept.I told the guy what I wanted gave him cc# and got my parts. I've heard that the customer service folks there don't really know the product or whats avialable. Talk to the gunsmithing or parts depts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the CZ3 American was actually made by Montana Rifle, it's their short action. I found this out when I was looking for a stock for a build I'm doing on an MRC SA. At the time I was told that the stocks for the CZ were made by American Walnut Co. I called and got one and it fits the MRC SA like a glove. I'm not sure if the Lux is the same model but you may want to give MRC a call, perhaps they can tell you if they made the Lux also.

Posts: 1681 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ummmm, ain't even close. The CZ 550 Lux is built on the standard CZ 550 action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, sorry, thought it was worth a try.

Posts: 1681 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Today I received good news from Jason Morton of CZ USA. Seems like this gentleman is prepared to go the extra mile.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry forgot to add this for CZ's Jason Morton clap dancing