New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husqvarna rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just bought a Older husqvarna rifle with the mauser 98 action that looks like a FN . Only says Husqvarna Van... 270 win., on the top of the barrel. The action is just like my JC higgins m51, except the safety lever looks more like a military. Has the "H" ring breach like my JC higgins FN.

Someone dumped it at the local gun shop.

Anyone have a link to the models of these??? Or Details on these old comercial huskys?

Its in good shape just needs cleaning up. It has a old one piece bueler base and old weaver scope.

Probably one of those, sell grampas old rifles deals.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve Bruns maintains a database of older HVA rifles and would be your best resource. He was able to give me details on the 1951 HVA I recently purchased:

SBHVA@aol.com

I also found several interesting HVA rifle sites in a Google search thal detailed models and dates of manufacture. Congrats on the rifle.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a link to a good Husky web site but lost it, and cant find it now.
It had details of all the model numbers and discribtions.

Looks like a FN action, and has a nice stock shape with checkering. Ive handle these m98 huskys before and just scored on this one.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The page for that is www.pettsons.net. He also posts here from time to time as do some others. There is a good swedish firearms board at www.gunboards.com too. Click on "message boards" and scoll down to civilian swedish firearms.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks triggergate , but those are talk forums, There is a good Husky rifle model and disciption site somewhere .

Are these FN actions ? looks like it...

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Pettsons isn't a forum, it is an informational site. Scroll down to the Husqvarna logo, click on it and you can navigate to the section on bolt guns.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try this one also:

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=41

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Is the floorplate release button on the outside or the inside of the trigger guard? The earlier HVA actions had the release on the outside.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a 640 , FN mauser 98, floor plate is not hinged. Its just like a JC higgins 50, It was manufactured in 1951