New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For A Winchester Safari Stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If anyone has a Winchester Safari stock laying around that they want to unload, I'm looking for one. I like the way it feels and points for me. Will probably use it as a pattern stock. So, I would also be interested in a cracked stock. Thanks,

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey lawndart,just buy two Safari rifles.One to use while hunting and the other for the stock and action.STOP this cracked stock nonsense.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmm,

I have three model 70 actions; one will be a 300 Win Mag (was a 338 Win Mag), one will be a 375 Weatherby (was a 7mm STW) and one will be either a 404 Jeffreys or a 9,3 x 70 Expert Magnum (Was a 300 RUM).

So, I have some wood stocks, but like the feel of the Safari Stock much more. Fred 338 bobbed the foreend on his Safari stock when he made his 404 Jeffreys. I like that look.

Another option is to go with Echol's "Legend" stocks by McMillan.

So, it is time to start this stock nonsense, cracked or whole.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Lawndart
I found one this last August either on Gunbroker or E-bay I can't remember which, it was a like new take off with recoil pad but no swivel mount for $150. This guy seems to have winchester stocks frequently. I'll try to look through old history and find who sold it to me.
I took my Win M70 Classic Stainless 375 H&H mag out of its synthetic stock and bought a one peice bottom metal for it and it is great with this stock.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in stock. Last year I purchased a .375 classic Safari to rebarrel to a .300H&H for a customer. The customer send me a .300 Win Mag but wanted the .300 win mag stock back. I plan on rebarreling the .300 Win mag action and making an english walnut stock. That makes the .375 H&H Safari stock available. The stock is brand new.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll send a PM after work Mark.
Thanks,
lawndart