Find
Notify
Tools

Remington XP action question...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents:

Is the inletting for a Remington XP 100 the same as a Remington Model 7?? I need to order a McMillan stock for a XP 100 action with 28" Krieger barrel and I am not sure what to specify on the action inlet. Any advise is appreciated. I guess I could just say "inlet for XP 100", but with my luck, they'd send me a pistol stock. Smiler

Thanks,

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The front action screw is located differently on the M7 as well as the rear tang is shaped like a M700. I recently purchased a M7 laminated stock for an XP-100 rifle build. The XP would not fit well in the M7 stock. I have, over the years, built several rifles on XP actions and used McMillan stocks. Tell them you want an XP-100 inlet and that is what you will get.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Dick Davis will respond here; MCM probably has a program for doing this one anyway. Check with them.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Just finished work on a couple of Remingtons new XR-100 rifles. I believe these are the same action.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_r...-100_rangemaster.asp

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The XP-100 action is the same as the M600, 660, and 600 Mohawk.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's get these ducks in a row.
The original XP-100 used the model 600/660 action. These have the dog-leg bolt handle, and are, generally speaking, center grip models (usually originally with the Zytel stock). They will be single shot due to the trigger linkage.
The second introduction of the XP was on the model 7 action, mostly listed as the model XP-100R (repeater), and are rear grip. they have the M-7 (straight) bolt handle.
Interestingly, the bolts on these will interchange, speaking from a matter of function alone.
If you have an XP based on the M-7, the action goes right in a model 7 stock. I can't say if the older model would do so (if converted to rear-grip) but I'd bet it would.
You may likely run into about every configuration imagineable, as they were a popular custom-shop item, and many have been mortified after they left Ilion. HTH,,,,,Bug.

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I stated earlier, the bolt hole locations on the M7 is different on XP-100 and M600 actions.
I have a M7 laminated stock. I put an XP-100, with an inletting screw in it, action in it last night. When the front action screw is inserted through the hole, the rear screw is over the trigger hole. The same was true when I tried a M600 action. McMillan has an inlet pattern for the XP-100. Ask for that inlet.
Anybody need a M7 laminated stock?

one of us
posted Hide Post
eddieharren,
PM sent!

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hangunnr
posted Hide Post
Bug is spot on in his first post.

Here is a picture of the 2 types of XP100 actions.

The top action is from a center grip XP100. The bottom is from a XP100R. This action is EXACTLY the same as a model 7. Any stock inletted for a model 7 will accept this action.

hangunnr

Proudly living in the USA where even Bill Klinton has more moral fiber than PPPoacher.

Posts: 144 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. 'preciate it.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please note the rear tang on the XP-100 repeater action. It is still shaped like the original.The rear tang on the M7 is like a M700. The photos are great for showing the different location of the front action screw.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hangunnr:

Here is a picture of the 2 types of XP100 actions.

The top action is from a center grip XP100. The bottom is from a XP100R. This action is EXACTLY the same as a model 7. Any stock inletted for a model 7 will accept this action.

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. Is this the best forum on the web or what? Thanks.