THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Are The HS Prescision kevlar Stocks with the metal bedding Block or Laminate better??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are The HS Prescision kevlar Stocks with the metal bedding Block or Laminate better??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to know wether people think that the HS kevlar Stocks with the bedding block are a good thing ??

I have just ordered a cz 550 Kevlar .308 Varmint and as this model is not in Australia there is a big wait. I am just wondering if the HS stock would be better or worse than the laminate version ??

I ahve a HS stock on my 700 vssf 22/250 and it seems good on that just wanting a professional opinion.

Thanks PC

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will still need to bed the receiver. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone else have comments on this topic ??

Butch Bedding the reciver in an aluminium bedding block I have never heard of this before ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of guys call this skim bedding. My gunsmith did one of his and groups went from around 3/8" to under 1/4".

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does not seemto be to many HS stock users on this forum Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have them all, laminated, HS, Mcmillan, Borden etc. I like the HS Precision stocks and would rank them a very close second to the mcmillan when properly bedded. An HS Precision stock will still benefit from the skim bedding as will a laminated. The laminated will ding and gouge with rough use, and the HS will chip. The HS is probably easier to fill and repaint than the laminated to refinish.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Justc, I suppose some automotive bog and a spraypaint with two-pac paint and the job would be right !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I restocked a Rem 700 with a H.S. Prec. sporter stock with the alum. bedding and found that it really tightened up the groups. This was a pawn shop bought rifle that turned out to be a real shooter. I did no extra bedding and torqued the stock bolts to their specs. Turned a rather ugle rifle into something that isn't embarassing.
This stock has held up well to steep rocky conditions with little injury as have my McMillan stocks. I have found that Testors model paint works well for repairing any cosmetic damage in these type of stocks and comes in a myriad of colors to match any custom jobs.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jtinidaho,

thankyou for the tip and I am comfortable with my choice of this hs stocked cz 550 .308 over the laminate version !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The aluminum bedded stocks are the best drop in stocks. All stocks are improved with bedding however as it makes a more precise fit between action and stock. Good shoot'n

Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote