Find
Notify
Tools

Duplicated my last stock for 2018
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
As some of you know I've decided to leave the 6300' of Elizabeth and move to the 800' of Mexico, MO. My home town and yes home of GRAFs. Big Grin

So back to the old homestead shooting range out the back door and deer hunting a 5 minute ATV ride. Just paid to restock the pond after 15+ years of no one fishing I caught and tossed 80+ 6-8" bass in 6hrs of fishing. Roll Eyes So thin the bass and add minnows and bluegill.

Sorry I digress. Since I have to finish my basement here before we can sell plus do a full remodel to the house in MO I need to pack up my duplicator and shop equipment. I hope to be back to turning early 2019.

If I'm holding one of your patterns that you will need before then please let me know so we can make arrangements to get it returned.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Much like Idaho, Rural Colorado is flush with scenery, and short on well paying jobs. Also, many of us mid westerners find it hard to escape the gravity field of our hometowns.

You might have easier access to quality walnut in Missouri. Fajen and Bishop were bought out and closed down. I think the need and desire is still there. If you could get/make pattern stocks that are identical to the Sako AV stocks, with inlets for Remingtons, Rugers, Winchesters, and earlier vintage L46, 579, L61, L691, and AIII actions. You might find yourself busier than ever.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Wanna buy a Harley??? trade off the snowmobile... I got an extra one...2011 dyna widegide fatbob....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, I will PM you about my patterns .

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Sorry to hear you are leaving us.
I'll be working in Elizabeth tomorrow, fixing the lights on the ballfield.
Let me know if you need anything on your basement finish.
Dave

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy this Paul. Mexico is a nice little town. Glad you can go back. I lived NE of KC a ways for almost 40 years. Couple years ago I retired and moved to Oklahoma to spend time with middle son who had moved away several years before. I liked it up there but sometimes you have to move away from toxic relationships. There are still some Bishop and Fajen people around up there. Will have to look closely though. Wenig is in business but you would be more of a competitor. Grafs, Midway, Sierra, Starline, Bianchi Cup, many things in the shooting world up there. Have fun.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, thanks for the great service you have given. I can't wait to get that last 2018 stock back tomorrow. If you are in KC let me know and we can see if we can get together.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Welcome back to Missouri

Ted

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Missouri. I think a guy could just about disappear there.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote