Type of action and improvements
Type of magazine
Stock style
Checkering
Drop of comp, length of pull
Finish stock and mechanism

<rigfer>
posted
I begin. I`d choose a mauser type action, but in MATTE blued finish, unlike Winchesters.... Maybe also rustfree, but it had to beeen a ilaflon coating or some really strong in matte bluish/black.
For security, a silent M70 type but with bolt locked in mid position and unlocked in back position. Maybe with a possibility to change the functions mid and back by the owner.
Barrel, I`d choose 26" for all normal calibers and if the owners want shorter they can just cut it. Maybe even longer for magnums.
Contour as sporter or some thinner, am not sure here, but it have to get decent MOA.
Stock would have been a pretty low drop of comb and straight. The rest of specifications would have been traditional checkering, value walnut but fine, hinged floorplate without sticking out of the stock, but are at same level as stock, oiled stock, good adjustable trigger, also bolt blued, good recoil stock butt pad, not open sights, but barrel drilled for open sights, drilled for standard bases.

The name of it, TPR Rifle(The perfect rifle)

posted Hide Post
A double square bridge mauser action in stainless steel or titainium (sp?) with a 26" barrel.
Finish would be as close to traditonal blue as practical.
The bridges would be milled to accept deatachable ring mounts direct. There may also be provision for somesort of pop up peep/ghost sight and a luminious front sight.
Stock would be one of the better looking laminates as standard with walnut as an alternative.
Stock would follow the straight American style as on the M70 but with a little cast off.
Adjustable single stage trigger set at about 2.5 lbs and a silent tang safety. Safety would be 3 position and block the firing pin in the full on position. Front swival would be on the barrel. Calibres would be in 9.3x62 and .404....

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Action: High-quality falling block, single shot like the Dakota #10 or equivalent

Caliber: 7X57 AI or .250/3000 AI (not sure yet)

Barrel: Hart 20" lightweight

Stock: French Walnut, Mannlicher style, Fleur-de-Lis checkering, 1/20" pattern, "London Oil" finish
LOP 13.5", American Classic style w/ outlined cheekpiece

Scope 2X-7X Leupold or equivalent small, light variable

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I would mount a Leupold scope, probably a 4.5x14 since it is my favorite,in Talley mounts on a Dakota 76 and go hunting. If I couldn't afford the 76 I would spring for a Model 70 Super Grade and still be happy. Caliber would be 300 H&H in the 76 and 300 Win Mag in the Mod. 70. I'm presently using that 300 Win Mag Super a lot but am eyeing that 76.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
I guess you cent for me [Big Grin]

I would like to have

Mauser style action, Double sq brige, dropbox floorplate with release in the trigger bow. for cartridges 57mm and up to cartridges that fits in the old mauser A-size action. 3 pos Win style safety.

Push feed action as the Ed Brown702 / McBros MCRT.
Synthetic stock in classic style. Action and barrel in stanless or crome moly. Win style or rem safety. Match trigger, Steel floorplate,

This is the two different I can think of right now, I'm trying to think out all the features of a falling block rifle. I'm not done yet [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cheers
/ JOHAN

<Ranger Dave>
posted
I would take a M70 action, 24" custom tube, in 300 Win Mag. I would like "iron" sights on the tube but not sure which make for sure. I would get Mr Belk to build it as well as the stock. I think a nice peice of maple. I would like a moose scene ingraved on the magazine floor plate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would use an action that was similar to the Remington Model 700 SA but I would beef it up, make it in stainless with a bolt face that would handle a head size of 0.580" and have redundant extraction....woops that's the McMillan MCRT.

A quality stainless steel barrel with a good muzzle brake.....woops that's a Schneider with a Vais brake. Metal done by Robar in NP-3.

I would get a quality synthetic stock something on the line of the Remington Mountain Rifle ..woops that's a McMillan (green/black/tan swirled colors).

Qualtiy solid mounts...woops that's the Leupold Dual Dove-Tail with Leupold low rings.

Quality low-range variable scope ... woops it's a Swarovski ProHunter (30mm).

Rats! and double rats! I already have that rifle chambered for the 9.53 HellCat...go anywhere, shoot anything, in any weather.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't AR already doing this with the .600 OK right now? Good luck and good shooting.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, now that we have a consensus. LOL - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For 1000 yard Bench-
Nesika Bay L Model Action in 300 Weatherby Tightneck -No Free Bore
32" Kreiger Fluted Heavy Target Contour
Vais Brake
McMillan Tooley MBR

For hunting and fun-
Remington 700 SA Stainless 308 -Blueprinted
28" Kreiger Fluted Light Target Contour
McMillan A3
William's Firearms hinged floorplate, stainless of course
Best part is I am currently in the process of putting the second one together now.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Model 98 Mauser BYF44 drilled and tapped for Conetrol mounts and rings. Custom three panel checkered bolt handle. Dakota three position safety and a Timney trigger. Williams custom steel trigger guard with drop floorplate released from the trigger guard. Montana Rifleman octagonal 24" 280 barrel set on the blueprinted action. All metal matte black teflon. Put it all in a nicely bedded Exhibition walnut stock with a tung oil finish and 22lpi wrap-around grip checkering.

So far I have the trigger, stock and mauser. Now I'm just waiting for the $$$.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote