New
Find
Notify
Tools

Original Winchester Model 52B Problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
To remove the bolt from an original Winchester Model 52B you dry fire it, press the trigger forward and draw the bolt out. On mine the trigger will not move forward when pressed and the bolt will not come out. How can I get the bolt out?

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Vic,
It's been a while but try holding the trigger back while removing the bolt.

Posts: 795 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
You have to dry fire, then push the trigger forward and while holding it forward, lift the bolt handle and pull it back. If you try to push the trigger forward with the bolt handle already lifted, it won't pull down the sear.

I get caught by that every so often. I lift the bolt handle and then try to push the trigger forward. It won't work.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes, I'm aware that you must press the trigger forward first and I'm doing that but it doesn't work. The trigger will not move when pressed forward. The bolt will not come out.

If I take the barreled action out of the stock, is there a way to depress the sear without pressing the trigger forward?

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Good question, I woulds say "PROBABLY!" Not a very good answer huh? I know that you can't remove the entire fire control without first removing the bolt. Just going on memory there is a pin that holds the front of the housing to the receiver, but there is a silly, bloody screw under the bolt that goes into the bottom of the receiver and into the housing to hold the back of the housing on. I don't think that you can get to it without taking out the bolt. THE BASTARDS !

You would pretty much have to take it out of the stock and start carefully pushing stuff around and see if you can figure it out. I don't have one here at this time to putz with and figure it out for you. You could get it out of the stock and soak the action in solvent for a while. It could be that everything in the trigger is just gummed up.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it is a "B" you pull the trigger back firmly to remove the bolt. Only on the "C" and later with the micro-motion trigger do you push it forward.

John

Posts: 563 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote