New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Carbine
 Login/Join

<jd_1>
posted
I was firing my CZ 527 in 7.62x39 yesterday and went to extract a fired round when the extractor claw slid off the bolt. The small retainer ring came loose and bent a little. After finally getting the bolt removed I striaghtened the ring and reinstalled the extractor onto the bolt. I put a fired case in and it extracted fine. Then an unfired round and still ok. Then I fired a round and the extractor pulls off the bolt again. Went through the same process about 5 or 6 times and the best I got was 2 rounds once before it would happen again. Called CZ-USA and the ginsmith told me to bend the extractor a ltttle to make it stay in the groove and is sending me a new retainer ring. Dose this sound like what I need to do? Thoughts, and opinoins appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You also need to look at the possibility thet there is something wrong with your ammo or chamber. When the extractor pulls off, the case must be in the chamber pretty tightly.

You did not say what ammo you were using, but since you are here, I suspect they were reloads. Sticky extraction is one of the classic signs that a load is too hot.

Another possibility is a rough chamber. Feel gently around in the chambe with a probe that is pointed but not sharp enough to scratch. Draw it slowly back from the case shoulder to the mouth. If you feel any roughness, it's time to complain to CZ or to have a gunsmith polish the chamber for your.

Now you could just have a bad part, but it's always wise to look for an underlying problem.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
<jd_1>
posted
I was actually using factory cheap stuff by norinco 123gr soft point. don't know if that makes any difference. I tried cleaning the chamber but it got too late last night. I will finish today.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All of the Norinco I've seen or used slipped through an AK or SKS like grass through a goose. It should be no different with a bolt rifle. I suspicion that your extractor is defective.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote