New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed Mauser 3000 action at gunshow
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There was a left handed Mauser 3000 action for sale at the gunshow in Ventura,CA today. The price on the action was $600. The action looks new. There was also a rough inletted stock blank for it made of a good looking piece of quilted maple. The seller said they went together but I don't know if the price was $600 for both. I am not going back tomorrow but if somebody here is really interested I might be able to get somebody else who is going to get contact info for it.

Forgot to add, it is a standard action, .473" boltface.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Entire Mauser 300 LH are continually offered in Gunsamerica for 500-700.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a .375 LH 3000 in 2004 for $550 on gunbroker. It had rings, mounts and a cheap scope. It had been rebarreled with Douglas Premium bbl. I saw one in the last few days on GB in the same price range. They're nice rifles for the money, not sure the reason they are not valued more. BTW they were made by Heym for Mauser.

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's good to know. Thank you! I won't worry about it then.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Here is one now. Gunbroker Auction

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
There's a lefty Mauser 6000 at Cabela's Gun Library under Fine rifles for $649, I'm kinda eyeballing it right now. I ain't a left hander but that doesn't mean I can't fix it up for someone who is!

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I saw the exact same gun (RH, though) the other day on the range. It was designated "RWS", so I guess RWS also sold some of these rifles (in Europe) under their name...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now that is one ugly stock! Looks like something I would make Big Grin Which, is why I don't stock many rifles!

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElCaballero:

That is one ugly stock. I don't think that I've ever seen a goofier pistol grip combined with such and awful top line/cheekpiece. Admittedly I cannot build a stock myself but the guy who built that one can't either.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote