Find
Notify
Tools

Mini-mauser factory trigger adjustment
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Before I start twidling with my mini-mauser factory triggers, can anyone share their method
for adjusting them?

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The trigger pull on my Mini Mauser (Interarms/CZ) is awful; 8 lbs., and creepy with too much overtravel. I've followed the adjustment instructions in the "manual" that came with the rifle but nothing seems to improve things. If seer engagement is reduced enough to eliminate creep the safety does not function or the striker does not cock when the bolt is closed. Weight of pull can be reduced with a lighter spring but creep (on my gun) is the real problem. I'm about to disassemble the whole thing and try polishing surfaces, etc.
Sorry I can't give you some useful info. Hope someone else can.

Jon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
in one of the gunkinks book there are specific instruction for that trigger.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
max(hm2)

Found it! It's on pg. #344 of "Gunsmith Kinks II". It says it's for the Mark X but the pictures/descriptions match the Mini Mauser and I'll bet both rifles use the same trigger. It describes several seer adjustment "steps" not mentioned in the one page manual that came with my rifle. Hopefully this more detailed adjustment will fix it.
Thanks for reminding me to look at my own references before asking for help.

Jon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is it jon, it was what i was thinking of and the mini adjusts the same way.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Virginia Creeper
posted Hide Post
For trigger on my new Mini Mauser LH action in the white, gunsmith Michael Richards replaced the spring and did some adjustments.
The trigger now clicks at one pound and 12 ounces.
FYI, contact Michael Richards at southerncrossguns@peoplepc.com
Hope this is of help.

E Pluribus Unum - where out of many, we will become one.

Posts: 149 | Location: VA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote