THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Web-sites for the "original" VAIS brake and for the new "high-tech" brake by Vais

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Web-sites for the "original" VAIS brake and for the new "high-tech" brake by Vais
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
www.muzzlebrakes.com is Ron Bartlett's site...he bought out George Vais when George retired. This is the "original" brake and a really good one.

www.htgunworks.com is George Vais's site....he came out of retirement and has designed a new brake.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[Thanks for that DB Bill.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill which break is better??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
George Vais has designed a new brake and sent me one this week. His new company is High Tech Gun Works. I have not tested it yet, as I've got to thread the barrel to try it on, but based on experience , it looks like it will work pretty good to me. He has some very interesting stories to tell, and is a pretty nice guy. For what he is charging for it, you can't go too far wrong.-Rob

[ 06-06-2002, 04:25: Message edited by: Robgunbuilder ]

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC....you've got me there. I have the original syle brake on both my .375 and my .300 Mag and am very happy with them....haven't tried the "new" version.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robgunbuilder,
Have you compared the differences among the high tech and the old Vais design ? if so which one is louder and better at reducing recoil?