New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Toy in the morning...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My two year old Nissan extended cab 4x4 is going to the Toyota dealers about lunch time.

A new black FJ is coming home with me. All of the OR packages, and the luxury interior with the 11 speaker JBL system.

Say NO! to Africa for another year...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well? How do you like it? Get it stuck yet? I always seem to do. Tell my wife we need to know its limits.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I now know how the locking differentials work. Got mud on the roof bogging. And took a 28-degree hill with 16-degrees of side hill.

It would have broken my Nissan V6 4x4 in half.

Tell your wife she'll run out of nerve well before it gets bad enough to lock the differentials...

The best part: it has that same solid as a cast iron anvil feel to it, that my 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 had.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I drive a 2012 FJ. Love it. Just put new shoes on it yesterday as I'm headed to WY Wednesday for a speed goat hunt.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First thing I would do is install windows on each side in the very rear.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love my 08 FJ Cruiser. The lock out diffs make it a REAL 4 x 4. It is without a doubt the best production 4 wheel drive available in the USA. I have extracted 4 of the newer Jeep 4 door types in the last 6 months where I live in New Mexico. Looking for a "Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle" decal for the rear window of my Cruiser.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just rolled over 8,000 miles on mine. They run pretty smooth on the Interstate. We drove non-stop to San Diego from Boise the 3rd of January.

18mpg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look neat, I test drove one........they are a rolling "blind spot".

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love my FJ's as well with my favorite being mu '77 FJ 45. Nothing beats a Toyota.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Love my FJ's as well with my favorite being mu '77 FJ 45. Nothing beats a Toyota.

Dutch

Pics of the FJ45 please tu2

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ISS give us an update on your FJ.

What is the fuel mileage?

How do you still like it.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drummondlindsey:
Will do. Have to have my secretary figure out how to post. Going to pick up two more in April for restoration. Took Madala out for a spin today and had a blast. Going in for a reverse shackle kit and poly-tank switch shortly.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I cannot wait to see the pics!!!!'

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Se if I can get them loaded tomorrow.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NE,

just turned 10,000 miles on it last month. Two road trips from Boise to San Diego and the rest local and a few hunting trips. Up to the hills this spring for Rockchucks. For the entire 10K, the average is just over 18mpg.

My wife loves it, and so do I. Definitely a keeper!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mother has one with the TRD off road package. She has a little over 160,000 miles on it and really loves it. I really wanted one until I drove hers. Just to many blind spots for my liking. I did take it off road though and it will certainly go places that I lost my nerve. My 4Runner works well for me.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote