New
Find
Notify
Tools

UTV with Tracks for Lion Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking seriously about purchasing a UTV and adding a track kit for chasing lions with my hounds next winter. I have been talking with the Mattracks rep. Anyone have any experience with that particular brand? Good or bad.

Anyone running another brand that they want to provide some feedback on?

Posts: 116 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a brother who is a guide in the AZ strip. He has a 4 seater(two bench seats) Polaris Ranger with the Tracks and says it's the only way to go. He has shown me pictures where they are in waist deep snow and the tracked ranger was managing to move through the show with multiple clients aboard.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I got a solid deal on a used ranger with camoplast tatou 4s tracks. Looking forward to giving it a workout this winter.

Posts: 116 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
Lots of folks run Matt Tracks on their4 wheelers and utv's . They get high reviews.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I know a few people with Matt tracks on their machines and they've had good luck with them.
Camoplast was having some trouble with delamination on hard surfaces which they may have got worked out by now.

Take a look at the eight wheel Argo with an overtire track kit. Better flotation and maneuverability with a much lower center of gravity then a UTV with tracks. I recommend a free wheel hub kit for the two mid tires which makes it much easier on the driveline.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote