Find
Notify
Tools

Ford Super Duty Going to Mexico ??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
A big reason to buy Ford was that the Super Duty was still assembled in Kentucky. Is that not true anymore?

They were assembling a lot (all?) of the F-150's in Kansas City. Don't know if that will change too.

What's the poop?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19320 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you say NAFTA?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More like - Can you say UAW...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Bill, I read somewhere tonight (lost the cite) that RAMs are assembled in Mexico.

My older Chevy Astro van was built in Canada and worked fine. You choose what is available, I guess.

I am scoping out a RAM 2500 diesel now but the prices are pretty rich for the late model ones.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anjin,

The Ram is in fact made in Mexico. Had I known that I would've bought the Ford Super Duty.

Hard to understand how a Foreign company (Toyota) can build their Tundra here in the United states with 96% of the parts manufactured here and American made Companies have to send their manufacturing out of the US.

I lay the blame on the government. Labor is the cheapest part of the equation and is the only thing that can be reduced. The EPA regulations keep getting more and more expensive and same goes for taxes. We are regulating our manufacturing right out of the country.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote