New
Find
Notify
Tools

06 Hemi Won't Start
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My 06 Ram won't start. It started for two seconds and quit , three times yesterday. The security light is on. There is plenty of juice in the battery. The lights work but it won't engage the starter. I am thinking it is the goofy security system. Dealer not open on the weekends. Any thoughts/ Thanks Guys

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
So it started, then quit, and now won't crank or anything else?

I suspect you may be correct in that it is the security system, but no simple way of diagnosing what the actual issue is unless there is documentation on removing the security system.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Disconnect the battery, let it sit 5 minutes and reconnect. Sometimes that works like a reboot on a PC.

I own 3 MOPARS (97 twin cam Plymouth Neon, 01 2500 Cumming 4X4, 05 Hemi AWD Magnum) but the "security system" says Smith & Wesson on it. Cool

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I disconnected the battery and I pulled the fuse that hasto do with it. I have tried the other set of keys also. No luck.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the theft module in the steering column. Once replaced it'll need to be reprogrammed with star scan (dealer scanner)

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote