New
Find
Notify
Tools

Road Trip 2013...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have done my good deed for the year. A friend has diabetes, and can't drive. His bro-in-law is dying of brain cancer back east, and his RN wife moved there a month ago. She left him the dog and Vibe van, and a yard sale. This past Monday afternoon, that was done.

I volunteered to drive him to Salisbury, NC, and fly home.

We left Boise Tuesday at 7am, and arrived Thursday evening in Salisbury, NC, about 10om.

Idaho, Utah, Arizona, and on to I-40 East.
New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, and to central North Carolina.

Four stops at Harley dealerships, four T-shirts (my fall wardrobe is set), and home on good old United.

2800 miles, and three time zones. I just wish we could have done it in my Jag. Gorgeous weather, and never over 92-degrees.

How was yall's week?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice gesture, but you sure as hell took the scenic route. Google shows it to be about 2350 miles and you don't come near Texas or NM.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I always wanted to run I-40.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was a good deed.

Well Done.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote