New
Find
Notify
Tools

electric 2 wheeler?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
is there such a thing as an electric mini bike for hunting. The 2 wheeled cat won't work.. I need to go a mile or so and be able to carry about 75 pounds plus my 225 pound ass.. A golf cart is just to wide

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Yes, there are a few companies that make electric fat bikes. I do not know how well they work especially carry or towing the kind of weight your talking about but they seem interesting.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2797 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.electriccyclery.com...electric_camping.jpg

We've got a similar bike at the store. 19 mile range and max speed of 28 mph.

Posts: 3685 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any idea the name of the manufacturer of the bike in the photo?

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
Electric motor assist fat bikes are fairly common. The electric motor doesnt do all the work . You can get full custom built bikes and put electric assist units on them . Or buy a bike all set up. Amazon has several models available usually. Just search Electric Fat Bikes . Fat bikes work quite well for off road riding. I'm not much of a cyclist but do enjoy my fat bike Alot. I weigh around 275 lbs fully dressed in winter gear and my bike very easily handles my weight. A 4-5" wide knobby 26" rim , 30-32" o.d. tire is nothing like a regular mt bike tire. So much more stability and traction.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote