New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Power Wagon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend has an old Power Wagon sitting on his ranch. It was used for fencing for years, but has been sitting for 30+. Looks to be all there. I think it is surplus GI. I think it is restorable, but I'm no expert. It was running when parked, in MT. Is there any demand at all for such?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jay Leno's garage

Scroll down the page past the Mercedes and have a look at the '42 Dodge Power Wagon restomod video. You'll have your answer.

Posts: 30 | Location: Sandy Lake, PA | Registered: 27 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
The Icon crew in California have redone a couple of old Power Wagons. Might check out their website... http://icon4x4.com/inventory/gallery/now/26

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post a picture.

Posts: 1292 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How old are you talking about? The post Korean war Power wagons are scarce and probably valuable. The only PW I owned was a well used 75 Club Cab and it would go through very deep snow without locking the 4x4, but wouldn't pull very well; probably because of over-sized tires.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote