Find
Notify
Tools

Safari....Native Style !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
The elephant and hippo scenes are unreal !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...r1t8&feature=related

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
They are from a film.It is alleged that most of those scenes were staged. I have seen the film in its entirety and I do think that they were staged.

Best-
Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 784 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
They are from a film.It is alleged that most of those scenes were staged. I have seen the film in its entirety and I do think that they were staged.

Best-
Locksley,R.

No doubt the scenes were "staged". But no matter how you cut it, there was some wild and courageous stuff going on in those scenes.

They absolutely paid the hunters and edited the film to tell there story, but it is not like the animals were chained to trees.

Not all that different than some modern hunting videos.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:

Best-
Locksley,R.

Right, it was a 1966 Italian sensationalist film released under various names including "Africa Addio." The producer/directors included a lot of highly negative subjects to make the point that Africa had become a much more brutal place than it had been under Colonial rule. Of course, when one considers Italian, Belgian and French rule, one wonders how much more brutal it could get.

This was one a a number of their films back then that were highly sensationalist (gory car crashes, etc.) and I would never pay the money to see them. Depressing, in my view, and very different from hunting films.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote