New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone out there shooting at 60p?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you out there shooting video, are any of you shooting at 60p (720)? Or rendering for BluRay? I've just been playing with different frame rates to see what looks best. Lately I've been shooting at 60p so I can get smoother slow motion. Besides that I don't see much use in shooting 60p since it would have to be rendered at a slower frame rate for DVD anyways, unless someone out there has had luck staying in 60p and rendering to BluRay?

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone out there cares. I've been doing quite a bit of testing shooting in 60p, it looks like Twixtor does an awesome job with 60p and makes footage look as close to high-speed camera type quality as you can get without forking over 50-100k for a real one.

http://vimeo.com/31936133

I don't see any advantage for hunting footage shot in full HD (1920x1080) at essentially 25 or 30 frames a second (60i is just 60 half frames), when at 1280x720 at true 60 frames a second, you get much smoother movement (without all the interlaced lines). the difference in resolution is minor compared to the smoothness of the final product (bluray) in my opinion.

any videographers/editors out there have any input?

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote