Notify
Tools

A Few Photos From The Maldives
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the last one best ... then the waterbird/heron picture (what species?) ... all beautiful, excellent photography.
I am sure Uncle Walter had nothing to do with the photography.

Riposte by Ron the Unforgiven

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing, Any underwater photos this trip?

Posts: 110 | Location: sydney australia | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
All the above underwater photos were taken by point and shoot cameras - Canon G12 and Canon D10.

I have a housing for my 7D, but did not bring it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am off to vanuatu for new years so my G10 will get a run, I have not bothered with any under water photography off sydney this year as the the vis has been average when i have had time to venture out so i am really looking forward to it.

Well done on the above pics Saeed did you use strobes or the internal flash?

Posts: 110 | Location: sydney australia | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
WOW! Cool

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
All the above underwater photos were taken while snorkling.

No flash was used at all.

I did correct the levels in Photoshop though.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wonderful stuff, Saeed. Thanks for the camera information. That G12 seems to be a very versatile machine.
Hope you are enjoying every moment with your daughter; mine is a college senior. Trite but true: they grow up so quickly.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
Truely awesome, Saeed...

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures Saeed! I am an avid diver and have been wanting to go to the Maldives for a while, but I have access to so many great sites in Micronesia that I just have not taken the time to go anywhere else.

The trigger fish picture is among the best I have seen. Out here they are pretty aggressive, so there are not many good pictures of them.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I had a run in with an aggressive trigger fish. I have a video of him attacking me.

I will find it when I get home and post it for you.

It was quite funny, as everyone seems to give a wide birth to where he was.

I asked a friend to come along, to take photos, while I took the video.

There were two trigger fish, and they kept circling us and attacking.

I thought it was funny really, as they never touched me, and turn back a couple of inches before contact.

In fact, it was so funny I was laughing under water so loud.

Well, I got some good video footage, but my friend got cold feet and stayed 50 yards off!

As you can see from the following photos, there seems to be a different colour phase of these trigger fish. I have not seen this lighter one before.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my dive buddies and I were coming in from a shore dive when a trigger fish became very irritated with him. It kept attacking his fins and I was laughing so hard I had to hold in my regulator, We were nearly back to the beach, so my buddy decided to pull off his fins and walk the rest of the way in. He did so, but then decided to stick his face (with his mask still on) back in the water to see where the trigger fish had gone and it bit him immediately above his mask seal on his forehead. I am laughing now just thinking about it. He bled to beat all hell and had a hilarious bite mark for about a week.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for the videos, they are great!

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
As always I know when the thread involve pictures and Saeed started it I am in for a visual feast.

I thank you for sharing those which I will never personally see.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics! Taken with a P&S - very good. I can't believe how many different fish (plus octopus, turtles and ?rays) you saw. Not to mention the little diver. Smiler

The video of the fish is crazy. I can't believe it kept attacking you.

Thanks for sharing.

Cindy

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I guess I missed these earlier while I was getting ready for my trip. Fantastic photos Saeed. The Maldives look like a paradise.

Best regards,
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote