New
Find
Notify
Tools

PoWs...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh so, farm raised "cows".
Damn and I thought we'd be hunting/shooting "wild one's".
Glad you posted these. I might just stay home instead.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stay home, for sure, Sir. We don't need know-all tourists here. We'd much rather have folks who are genuinely interested in a different part of the world, and ask questions rather than seem to have all the answers. If you were being funny, I apologise for my short answer. It has been a very long and difficult day in my wonderful, wild part of the world.

Anyway, these absolutely were wild buffalo, from one of the most remote parts of Arnhemland. They were caught a week ago by The Buffalo Company, mustering with their bullcatchers and helicopters, hence the title of the thread. They are destined for Vietnam.

This is country where if you want to go for a walk in the bush, you'd better be bloody agile and fast like the locals, or carry a rifle, because stuff wants to kill you.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BenKK

Thanks for the pictures. When these buff get to Vietnam, Republic of, will they be used for plowing or will they be eaten???

Does anybody eat these buffalo?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think they are going to be eaten. Perhaps some of the younger ones will be turned into tractors. Not sure, though, and stand to be corrected. We all eat buffalo here! Delicious! I'm not a great chef, but I do alright with my slow cooker, making curries and buffalo / beans. Because I rest my meat and use a slow cooker, I am able to eat any buffalo, no matter how old. The locals, however, eat it straight away, using a frying pan or grill over the fire, and so they really require the young ones. I will try to find more about the Vietnam situation.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Looks like you rounded up a nice herd.

Vietnam you say...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, not me. I just photographed them. The Buffalo Company did the mustering. I'm a school teacher. They truck them out from the mobile yards in the bush to the big yards at the community to await the road trains.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ben:
Just found my way back to this.
All this time I thought it was bs about herd gathering of these buffs for shipment. Amazing huh? Much like the longhorn roundup over here 150yrs ago.
When I first read about it, figured they'd be shot on site and shipped in boxes, sure not live. Would have enjoyed sitting back watching this rodeo.

Thanks again,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote