Find
Notify
Tools

Nairobi National Park December 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
In Nairobi on business this week, I took advantage of a weekend day to visit Nairobi National Park. This time I took my Nikon D7000 with a 300m prime lens to try it out. These were taken yesterday so they're pretty much right out of the camera after conversion to jpeg. No way to change the color space to sRBG, so they're still in Adobe RGB, which means they may show weird color on internet.

On this particular camera the 300mm gives a 450mm equivalent. Definitely about as long a lens I can hold steady when standing up through the pop-top in a Toyota tourist park car. There is a lot to be said for National Parks when it comes to animal photography since the animals don't care much about how close a vehicle gets to them. I've found if you sit tight and wait a lot of things happen in the animal world.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I especially like number 2.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Nice wink, keep posting I love your pics

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Great photos wink.
Kenya is on my bucket list

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The next set were taken the same day in the same place, but a different camera (Nikon D700) and lens (28-300mm Nikkor).

I was lucky enough to come across a male lion dragging around and gnawing on a buff carcass:

I'm looking forward to getting back home where I can tweek these with some proper software on my computer.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
This was also the first time, in spite of all the buff photos I've ever taken, to come close to getting "the look":

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Various other critter pictures:

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
No, this one is not "Photoshopped".

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
A few more from the same trip:

One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures!

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
That Lion looks like he could do with a good meal!!!

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 684 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very nice pictures. The detail in the last picture is excellent.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks Wink

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite enjoyable, Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great set, thanks much,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote