THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Lucky dog, lucky dog, lucky dog.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lucky dog, lucky dog, lucky dog.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got an email from a former neighbor about his dog, Barney.

In October, 2001, my neighbor's son was on his boat in the middle of the Catalina Channel, off the SoCal coast. It was mid day, clear and calm, and there were no other boats within miles. He was about 13 miles equidistant between Catalina and the mainland.

About 10 degrees off the port bow he saw a splash in the water and what he thought was the head of a small seal, common to the area. As he approached he realized it was the head of a small dog!

Long story short, he pulled aboard a young beagle/terrier mix, suffering from exhaustion and dehydration, but otherwise okay.

Barney went on to become my neighbor's friend and companion, and the darling of the neigborhood. He oversaw the landscaping and supervised the mail delivery for 5 houses in each direction. He attended every barbque and every pool party, greeted all the guests, and protected every child.

He was a joy to us all, and returned the favor of his rescue with 12 years of love and companionship.

In remembering Barney, it's hard to decide who benefited more from the events of that day, Barney, or the people who's lives he went on to enrich.

Barney passed the other day. RIP, my friend.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
In remembering Barney, it's hard to decide who benefited more from the events of that day, Barney, or the people who's lives he went on to enrich.

Ain't it the truth!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote