New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain Cur
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son came home with a year and a half old Mountain Cur the other day and wants to keep her. What do any of you know or have any had experience with this breed. She won't replace the puppy I have coming in 3 weeks and my son is only living with me for a short time. I hope,. I will get some pictures taken today if someone will post them for me. She is a very nice looking dog and well mannered. She knows some of the basic commands and is housebroken. More to come.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I crossed a mountain cur with my blackmouth cur bitch and raised some of the best baying hog dogs in S. Texas back in the eighties . Had one I had to get rid of because he was just plain mean.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This dog dose not need affection or attention. If my son leaves for a while she just goes into his room and lays down. She will bark at people approaching the back yard gate but shuts right up when told. She heels well on a leash and pretty much obeys all commands given. So far she has warmed up to my son, my wife and not quite so much me. She is also beautiful black with a brown under coat. I will try and get her to pose for a picture or two and get them posted today. Overall she is a very nice pup DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote