THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    15 years of hunting and still going!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15 years of hunting and still going!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted
My Blackmouth Cur Beaver and I have been treeing Squirrels together for 15 years now!
During this time we have sport hunted together in 25 states and competition hunted in 7 states. Along the way she earned 6 State Champion titles 2 National Titles with a win record of 42/4.
She produced several top dogs in her day too.

Me & Beaver 1/29/01

Me & Beaver 1/29/16

Life is better with a dog!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you are indeed fortunate to have your dog so long

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a pleasure to see how people enjoy and cherish their canine companions and those that we can hunt with only adds to the experience and when they have longevity it just doesn't get any better. Good luck

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You and Beaver are truly blessed.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Same breed as Ol' Yeller?

Posts: 14 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Beaver sounds like quite an accomplished dog! Great to have a hunting companion

like that for 15 years. Hope you get a few more years of squirrel hunting out of her!

Give her an extra doggie treat tonight.

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norsky:
Same breed as Ol' Yeller?

SHO 'NUFF IS

You're the first person to lead with that!
You win the breed recognition prize.

Thanks to Disney, most folks seem to think 'Ol Yeller was a Lab.

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the crop tail but is that the standard?
It look decent and it will save money on vet bills down the road, been there and done that.

Posts: 14 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Her tail isn't docked.
She just wags it so fast when she trees that it looks shorter than it is.

This is Beaver a few years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George Bird Evens wrote in his book, An Affair with Grouse.
“The perfection of a life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an autumn, is disturbing, because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process.”
All the best to you and Beaver..

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had two blackmouth curs in my younger days. I mostly hunted coons with mine but they'd tree squirrels too. They're great dogs.

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Beaver celebrated her sweet 16 this past Thursday. We are waiting for the next cool morning to hit the woods.