THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Flying dog is getting more and more a big pain

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying dog is getting more and more a big pain
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just flew my two english setters on Alaska and Northwest Airlines they are both pain in the butt airlines.Its a mess when you fly two airlines on one flight anyway but this flight really sucked.I was never told by Alaska airlines that you needed two dog bowls only one for water that was attached to the kennel.The Northwest desk help decided to make me about miss my plane because of this rule.I paid $100 for each dog and had them checked through the whole flight.
The next fun part was when I went to get Northwest boarding passes.I have flown my dogs 20 something times without this next problem.They said they couldnt find my dogs.They said the only way they could find them was if I paid their pet fee of $398 for both dogs.I think this was like blackmail or extortion to get my own dogs back.I wish i had written the bitches name that did this.They found them after I wrote the check.I had never had this happen before on any trip.Its getting to get harder and harder to fly dogs.I heard Canada has banned dogs flying all together.Its getting worse and worse flying.My guns were actually very easy compaied to the dogs this time.When I arrived at my final destination the dipwads at the airport didnt know where my dogs were.They finally barked and I heard them.I hope I dont have to start driving them each time again.
The next pain

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Murf
posted Hide Post
RE. Flying dogs in Canada.

Canada has not banned dogs from flying. Air Canada, one of the airlines has recently announced dogs must go on cargo flights on domestic flights. Apparently they can fly internationally and on flights from the US. However if the there is a connecting flight you better check very carefully if the dog will be able to travel on your flight or need to go on a different air cargo flight.

As far as I know West Jet continues to carry dogs on their regular flights.

West Jet

http://c1dsp.westjet.com/guest/travelTips.jsp;jsessioni...pYNyrLSPsvDXK2ZgsT1J

AIr Canada

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/pets.html

Posts: 14361 | Location: Sask. Canada | Registered: 04 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BA assured me over and over again that when my dog got to London they would transfer it to the AA flight. The day for departure arrived and when I got to the airport they said, "You'll have to transfer the dog yourself!" There I was, sclepping a crate you could haul a giraffe in full of 90 pounds of Doberman from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 or 4 on the road, through heavy traffic, at least they gave me a hand cart. I missed my flight. The AA people were very nice after they killed themselves lauging when I came wheeling through the door. They got me on the next flight a few hours later. Last time I flew with a dog.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote