THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Best Bird Dog Magazine?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Bird Dog Magazine?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
I'm looking for a Christmas gift for my father in law, and thought that a bird dog magazine would provide him some entertainment. I don't get any of these mags myself, so I'm not sure what crowd they cater to. My FIL loves to watch bird dogs work in general, and has only hunted quail so far, though I hope to make a pheasant hunt with him and my son in the upcoming years. He's had an ESS before and still likes the flushers, but is also fairly interested in and appreciative of my pointing dogs. He'd have no interest in field trial stuff, more on the line of hunting quail and in the field type stuff. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'll also add that if there's a good quail hunting mag that includes articles on related stuff (land, dogs, guns, gear, etc.) then this may well fit the bill as well. Thanks again.

Daniel

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun Dog covers pointing, flushing, and retrieving. Its the only high quality magazine I know that does a good job on all three, the pointers, setters, and versatile breeds, the retrievers, and the spaniels.

Pointing Dog Journal or Retriever Journal are good but more specific.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote