THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Skunk Deodorizing -- Pooph

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skunk Deodorizing -- Pooph
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For years I've carried what I call my skunk kit. It's a bucket with a box of baking soda, four pints of hydrogen peroxide, small container of detergent, paper towels and several small towels. I try to always have sufficient water to allow for drinking and rinsing if necessary. I also have rubber gloves and Tyvek suite for me.
I settled on the method associated with those ingredients after several dog/skunk interactions where other "cures" were less than satisfactory.
That being said, has anyone had experience with a new product I see advertised "Phooph". It claims to neutralize even skunk odor?

Posts: 312 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it, but I'm here to tell you that bathing in catsup does not work.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the best way to test would be to spray on a recent roadkill skunk. Of course, it is best to approach from upwind. Don’t do like a friend of mine and kick the critter!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dawn/baking soda/hydrogen peroxide work wonders!

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've seen the commercials for Pooph. I noticed the guy sprays it into his mouth at the end.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My current dog is on his 5th skunk blast. Always used the baking soda, peroxide, dawn recipe. I can't imagine anything working better.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote