New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost a great friend
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Lost a really good friend today, Brinkley(BOO), my Lab passed away from cancer. He was the sweetest dog you'll ever meet, didn't have a mean bone in his body. He was Skeeter's best friend. He will be sorely missed. Loved the hell out of that dog. My heart is broken!SHIT!

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cancer is a terrible disease that takes too many of our dogs. My condolence on your loss.

I dread the day - I found a small tumor on each of two of my dogs a day apart last week.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear of your loss

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i wish i could never hear the word cancer again. 2 years ago it took our 8 year old golden and last month it took our 8 year old english setter.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss in July I had to put down my old friend and as someone put it I needed to get a new friend not to replace m Hunter but to fill the void a little in my heart. I did and here is Remington.

The pain doesn't go away but it eases and I have called him Hunter more than once. Good luck and if there is any justice they will be waiting for us when we pass.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear your bad news.

As Kipling said: Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone. I do have some good news. About 3 1/2 months ago I had to rescue 3 pups out of my cuvert. They were really in bad shape. I got a couple guys at work to take the girls and I kept the boy. He's about 90% lab. So far I he has made over 150 retrieves in the back yard, without a miss! He is a natural. W/out being taught he goes and gets the dummy comes back sits at my feet, drops it and looks up for another one! Oh yeah gave him an exotic name, Bob, lol!

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. It hurts like hell for quite a while.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Condolences, friend. Love hurts, but memories last longer.

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
So sorry, cancer took our schnauzer almost 2 years ago, we still think about him all the time.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, the last dog of mine to go was my Chocolate lab. Still stings the memory of having him put down and it's been 6 years. It's hard to lose such a fine companion. My sincerest condolences.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, yes it does hurt a lot!
Have four oak boxes on my mantle w/ ashes of previous good friends. One a Husky, one a real wolf(Tasha,) one a Rotweiller(Baroness von Roxy) and just some two weeks ago had to put her down, Jasmine(just a dog dog.) She was 16 yrs. old so lived a long life. Still have one, Brandy, and don't believe she will ever go for she is now 18 and only problem is loss of hearing, but still plays like a pup. Still miss every one of them after all these years.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
my condolences ,i know what you feel ,YOU WILL NEVER FORGET HIM ,but the arriving of a puppie can mantain you occupied ..

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote