THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Aspen Hills................

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aspen Hills................
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Nice adoption Anne - congrats.

Do you intend working him?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'd like to find a harness and teach him to pull. That is one strong dog! I am not sure if he would adapt to any sort of hunting situations other than maybe to be used to drag big game out of the mountains.

I do need to work on his attention span, he will deliberately ignore you if he's out of reach. He's too smart for his own good sometimes. I have never seen a dog learn so fast by watching what another dog does.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What did you adopt Anne? Perhaps there something with my browser?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That conjures up a nice vision Anne, these dogs make great weight pullers and have the genetics to become quite fit. You would not only have a draft dog, you would also have a protector of note. if you do decide to get him to do draft work, make sure that the harness fits snugly and that it is a draft harness and not a husky type running harness. Post some more pics when you have the time.