Long Range Specialty Pistol
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
Oh, and to answer your question,

What about a BFR in 45-70? my answer would be why? you can come up with all sorts of horseshit hypothetical's. My response stated...TRADITIONAL HANDGUN cartridges. If that is not satisfactory, you are simply looking for an argument, which I will not supply.

You're wise to not get snared into hair splitting debates. Of course it's not a pistol, it's a bolt action rifle without a butt stock just like an XP-100 or the old Anschutz Exemplar. Not necessarily a rifle but not really a pistol, either.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That "pistol" is the size of the pronghorn itself!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's why they were designated "specialty" pistols many years ago when the XP 1st came out since they are technically neither pistols nor rifles...but what's the big deal about it all anyway?

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
It makes no sense to split hairs and define something that looks like an extreme pistol as a rifle, any more than it does to NOT define something that looks like a rifle but shoots a pistol round, a pistol.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a rifle.

The stock is the difference. One with no butt stock, but a pistol grip.

In that configuration it seems it would be difficult to shoot accurately and deserves all the more kudos for being able to connect at long range.

But I keep asking myself "Why?"

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lookee here, and u shall see why--

www.moaguns.com

Check out the guy with the logo white shirt, upper left photo--that's your's truly. Won the 500 yd. stage that time...the 1 and only time, that is.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post