THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Loan a reamer? 6.5 Creedmoor Match

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loan a reamer? 6.5 Creedmoor Match
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there anyone here who has a 6.5 Creedmoor Match reamer they would be willing to loan out? I got accepted into the weekend gunsmithing program at Montgomery College near Ft Bragg and have a friend who is the head machinist at Davis Custom rifles. He has barreled my guns for a while and is offering to start teaching me how to use the lathe prior to the fall semester. I have two Krieger barrels I want to chamber up. He will do the first and instruct me in the second. I know I should buy my own but my summer leave period just got shifted and I don't have time to order my own reamer; PT&G and JGS are both 6 weeks out on that reamer.

If anyone is willing, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Keith

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Manson Precision for an "off the shelf". Many times they have what I want and I never worry about the quality.

Posts: 677 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm after the .170 freebore Match chamber not the .199 SAAMI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mmfreak:
I'm after the .170 freebore Match chamber not the .199 SAAMI
It usually only takes Manson about a week to alter a reamer. If you order from him have the tool set-up for removable pilots,,,,, oil grooves are low priced option, too.

Posts: 677 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slivers,

Dave shot me a PM to the same effect and I was talking to Dave Tooley after a match last weekend and he said the same thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave Manson came through like a rockstar. Ground to the specs me and Dave Tooley talked about and had on the day promised (took a week and change due to 4th of July weekend).