New
Find
Notify
Tools

600yds today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did some shootin earlier today for my Bday. Was able to ring the gong 3 out of every 5 shots with a 12mph wind blowing from about 10 o'clock(left to right).

I should mention I was shooting an 03-A3 iron sights and the gong is 10" diameter. FMJBT over the counter ammo. 150gr@2950. I was able to consistantly produce 24", 5 shot groups on fullsize silhuette targets. This was thrilling, especially since the 03 has been in the safe a little over 10yrs...I still got it!

I did almost as well with my M1A Fed GldMtMtch168. Hitting about 3 out of every 10 shots at the gong.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an awesome B-Day! I don't think I could shoot that good with irons.

Posts: 2242 | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
when i was in the Corps i could make hits well with iron sights, but i'm so used to scopes now I have trouble with iron sights. Good shooting.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are you shooting 600 yds in S. TX ?

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alive--there oughtta' be a number of places dwon there to shoot. If i'm not mistaken Jacob Gottfredson is from Corpus. He's 1 of the staff writers for Precision Shooting mag., and that's what he writes about. U oughtta' look him up.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True I live in Corpus, and there are no 600yd ranges here. There is one in Atascosa cty I was introduced to by a friend. Very INCONSPICUOUS! Drove past it the first time. For $30/year you get a key to the gate. $35 if you are County resident.

Let me know when you want to go!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Valley Gun club in Donna, Tx. ( Rio Grande Valley )

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post