New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i live in upstate south carolina and i'm looking for somewhere to shoot at long ranges. sure would like some help finding a place if anybody knows where you can strech a shot out. all the ranges i know about are just 100 yards. not a lot of help for long distances.

Posts: 91 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did most of my L-o-n-g Distance shooting on some of the old Plantations in the Lowcountry. I'd met the Owners through friends and just riding around asking. What I found was a good number of folks who would allow me to shoot their property "if" I would KILL all the Deer I saw(and hand me a cigar box full of Deer Tags to use on their property).

Many of those places now Lease to Hunt Clubs so things have changed a bit. But they will still let me shoot anytime out of Season and I repay them with some Sweat Equity and small gifts.

I used to shoot the Leeds Range at Woods Ferry, West of Chester, but it is(when I was there) 100yds MAX.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 503 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post