Notify
Tools

Will your scope do this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This photo was taken with a cell phone.

Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
What distance is the target?

I am assuming a March scope.

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
760 yard target thru a Leupold Mark IV 8-25

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1000 yds with a March scope.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What power?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it was the 8X80. Stuarts website. I believe you can find more photos there.
http://www.benchrest.com.au/scopesrings.htm
Butch

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
+1

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason, After looking at Stuart's email again, it is the 8x80. [url=http://www.benchrest.com.au/scopesrings.htm] He used an iphone4 for the photo. Stuart has a wonderful website. If you get to the March scope part, he has photos downrange with the various models. Real helpful to me.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
760 yard target thru a Leupold Mark IV 8-25

RC, I think that's the 710 yard gong. The 760's a little further to the right. Smiler

After consulting the guys at Score Hi, I made this map of the East range and had it added to the Zia site, but they failed to correctly update the Tactical Match days on the calendar. I'm going to the East range tomorrow morning, I'll post a pic of a 42x Nightforce NXS at your same gong. Should look nice nonetheless.

Cheers.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
My scope will do it brighter at a lot less magnification Big Grin

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is the picture!
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will your scope do this?
Hey Butch, Yes, every scope I have will Aim to the Left of the Target. If I want it to. Cool

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
RC, I think that's the 710 yard gong. The 760's a little further to the right.

You're right!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple pics from my Nightforce NXS 42x NPR-2 reticle.

On the left is 760yds at Zia and the other's pointing at a ridgetop at about a mile. (First, I can barely figure out my point and shoot camera. Second, there's a smudge on the lens. oops.)

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I've copied the Zia target distances for future use & to save rangefinder batteries.
More than likely I'll be there again in November.
No scope images, as I've only ever shot over irons there.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post