THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Photo's and posts in the "long range" forum

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo's and posts in the "long range" forum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not tryin' to suck up or sound maudlin, but I really have enjoyed the photos of the wide open spaces and long range photo's ya'll have posted.

Where I hunt in the Texas Hill country, I can climb to the top of a hill and see for miles, but the juniper and scrub are so thick, that all I can see is green canopy.

Its a serendiptiy for me to see your pix. You guys probably take it for granted that you can see out 700, 1,000, 1,500 yds, or even to the horizon. That is not the case where I hunt.
So keep posting those pix. They may seem trivial to you, but they are inspiring to others.

Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Their's a bull and 3 cow moose in this photo taken out on the Seward Peninsula.

VERY open country!

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts,
maybe cliche'd,

ya'll really know how to hurt a guy!

and,

that's hitting below the belt.

GSSP,
I started taking pix in 1968 with an SLR.
Used a Canon A-1 from 1978 till 2003. Used electricians tape to keep it closed the last couple years. Broke down and bought a Canon Rebel T2i DSLR the other day, as I was not satisfied with point and shoot.
One thing that has stood out over the last forty years of taking pix., one cannot capture the majesty and grandeur of mother earth and her myriad nuances of color. I bet that vista and the moment were worth the price of your whole hunt.

Sign me as envious!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSSP:
Their's a bull and 3 cow moose in this photo taken out on the Seward Peninsula.

VERY open country!

Alan

There are also some birds and rodents back by those cloud shadows.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
One thing that has stood out over the last forty years of taking pix., one cannot capture the majesty and grandeur of mother earth and her myriad nuances of color. I bet that vista and the moment were worth the price of your whole hunt.

Sign me as envious!

GWB

GWB

Does this help? Sunset from camp.

I believe the red leaves were from the "blueberry" bushes that were more numerous than the stars of heaven. Here they are up closer.

My best friend, Dan, and I are dedicated to making it back up every year for as long as the Big Man upstairs will allow. It's amazing country.
Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is about 750 yards to the middle of the triandle shaped grassy hillside where deer like to cross (and get shot).

Posts: 278 | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Taken at 1200 yards while on a bow hunt, camera on full digital zoom:

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it can be difficult finding a parking spot here in Las vegas

And sometimes not.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine guys.
Pix for the sake of pix has nothing on ya'll

GWB

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Fine photographs gentlemen.

A few of Scotland, the closest we have to those wonderful wildernesses posted by the others.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

one of us
posted Hide Post
absolutely beautiful photos. Here's one that shows the tepee butte areas i hunt for coyotes/antelope some--

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wyoming

Central California

Yardage

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post