Tools

Did some shooting today
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
Just to share.

I did a little bit of chronograph work with my 30-06, 7-08, .22LR
100 and 200 yard paper work and 300 yard steel and even some .22LR @ 200 aluminum gong.
I have some boring video of the gongs I wont bother to post.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun Ted. I do most of my long range and wind reading practice off of my patio with my .22lr at a 160yrd gong. It's not the same as a center fire at distance, but its easy to step out the door and shoot 5 or 10 or 50 a few times per week.

Posts: 218 | Location: KC MO | Registered: 07 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
How far can you reach out there to the trees? Looks like a nice place.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Tyler, 350 to the side of the hill. I have targets at 100, 200, and a 8" gong at 300

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Ted,

Not a complaint, but boy howdy, you look to have that chronograph WAY out there!

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Bout 10 steps....a bit farther than most use

posted Hide Post
It that spot located on the south side of highway 60 and maybe on the east part of that clearing?

Do you ever go shoot any of the F class type of shoots or sniper shoots at the range by Houston MO?

later
224TTH

Posts: 79 | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 224TTH:
It that spot located on the south side of highway 60 and maybe on the east part of that clearing?

Do you ever go shoot any of the F class type of shoots or sniper shoots at the range by Houston MO?

later
224TTH

Yes it is on the South side of 60 Hwy just West of "Simmons" and nope never shot in any competition of any kind.