Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long range books
 Login/Join

posted
Looking for good long range shooting books. Thanks for any input.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1) Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting 2nd Edition by Bryan Litz - Litz was a rocket scientist aerospace engineer who works for Berger bullets. Probably the best book to start with. It is more expensive.

2)"Hunter's Guide to Long-Range Shooting" Book by Wayne van Zwoll - More dated but its less technical. You can find this one anywhere.

3) Accurate Rifle by Warren Page. It is dated but its a heck of a book to get going on accuracy.

4) The book of the rifle by Jim Carmichel. Its a bit dated but its the best book to start the process with if you buy it cheap and used on amazon.

5) Make it Accurate by Craig Boddington- This is a good book about squeezing accuracy out of a sporter.

6) Berger Bullets Reloading Manual 1st Edition- About the best reloading book to start with.

7) 22CAL Varmit Rifles by Charles Landis. Its an older book but it has a lot of good info.

Best,
Thomas

Thomas Kennedy

Posts: 122 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
50 Caliber Sniper Course by Dean Michaelis (not limited to 50 cal. BTW).

The History of Sniping and Sharpshooting--book's loaned out don't have the author.

Varmint Hunter's Odyssey by Steve Hanson.

Precision Shooting at 1000 Yds. compilation of many authors if it's available anymore.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the five volume set "Death From Afar" a history of Marine Sniping and much more.

Posts: 100 | Location: Washington, The State | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am going to get Applied Balistics first. I consider myself a middle of the road reloader and am looking to improve. I find myself chasing a better grouping.... Better brass, primers, bullets...etc. But I feel like I need to get a better handle on the basics to get to the next level.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post