THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50 Riflescope Options?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50 Riflescope Options?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
I am going to buy this scope. My question is which reticle? I would like a green illuminated triangle or dot? The scope will be mounted on a Savage Model 10 FCP-SR chambered in 308 Win. I intend to use the scope for long range hunting and 300 yard "F" Class competition.

As always your input is appreciated.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ordered the scope. I'll let y'all know how it works!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which Reticle did you get? I would prefer the dot for long range target shooting. I have two of the smaller ones with triangles

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I shoot F-Class with mine, it has a plex type reticle.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thank you~ I have mounted it on a rifle, and hope to get to the range today.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I used the Best of the West ballistics computer to make a nice drop chart so I knew what to dial for at different ranges.

In F-Class here we shoot to 1000.

I dialed and killed a fox with it at about 850. Works good!

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Private Contractor
posted Hide Post
I have a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10X 56mm on my Savage Tactical .308. I wanted to stretch out my range a bit and opted for the Mil-Dot reticle. I wanted green, but alas the Amber was on sale. I also have a little trigger time in the model in which you are desiring, however only in Mil-Dot models. If it were for pure hunting rifle, I probably would have chosen the Triangle type reticle (inside of 300-500 yards).

I like mine, and find it ideal in most scenarios, and is an excellent scope for the price point.

-Private Contractor-
Retired
Private Security Contractor
Executive Protection
PMC WWPS
Instructor and Collector of Pokey and Sharp Things
USTC

Posts: 31 | Location: Bridgeport, Texas | Registered: 04 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post