THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Disabled Vet-Texas shooting location

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disabled Vet-Texas shooting location
 Login/Join

posted
OK shameless plug here:

Looking for a place to shoot long distance in the Texas Hill Country--Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Bandera area.

Almost 29 years in the Military, wounded in Iraq, I'm a very disiplined shooter, always keeping safety first.

Don't know a lot of people in the area, moved here because of the Military/VA hospitals.

Would like 300 yards to 1000 yards, I have to use a wheelchair, but I have a 4x4 ATV type chair and I can haul it in a 4x4 truck so some rough terrain is OK.

I'm a member, and regularly shoot at the Bandera Gun Club, but the range is limited to 100 yards -- JM and crew run a great place....

Kerrville has a 300 yard range but that distance only opens about 1 x per month and I think it costs over $10.00 an hour....

I'm unable to travel far without assistance.

Need a place to spend time loading/testing ammo

Wiling to sign a release.

Thanks for any leads/help,

Andy

FUBAR 6,

Wounded Warrior Alumni

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Email Col Dave Barnes. He works with the disabled vets near San Antonio. We have sent down ammo, scopes, etc to assist him in giving the guys some time in the field, either shooting targets or hunting Hogs. He has arrangements with several ranches in the area. His email is barnesdj734@hotmail.com.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post