THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Safari Club Illinois Chapter - Gunwerks Long Range Rifle Raffle

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Club Illinois Chapter - Gunwerks Long Range Rifle Raffle
 Login/Join

posted
The Illinois Chapter of Safari Club is please to offer raffle tickets for its LR 1000 from Gunwerks to the Accuratereloading.com community. The rifle package is valued at over $8,000.00. Tickets are $40.00 each or three for $100.00.

The raffle will take place on June 5, 2011 providing at least 300 tickets are sold. We need to sell less than 100 to reach out goal. In the event that the 300 tickets are not sold, your money will be refunded.

The net proceeds from this raffle will benefit youth firearm education and hunting opportunities in Illinois. We need to nurture tomorrow's sportsmen!

For more information please visit www.SciIL.us. Thank you the Illinois Chapter Board of Safari Club International.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of kaizer
posted Hide Post
The Gunwerks website says that they tune and test these rifles and develop loads to be accurate to 1,000 yards right out of the box.

Anyone here have experience with them?

I see that they aren't cheap, but if they do what they say then they're worth it if you like accuracy when you hunt. And who doesn't?

Posts: 92 | Location: Near Illinois-Wisconsin Border | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have a hunting show out. They make one shot kills out and beyond 1000 yards. I think the starting price on the bare rifle is $5,000. Completely hand made.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
LR 1000 from Gunwerks

Bare rifle is $4500.00
Their wildcat the 7LRM is a necked down 375 Ruger.

What's the Raffle rifle chambered in?

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SCI website has all the information and additional features that can be added on, www.SciIL.us. Calibers available for this raffle are 7MM Mag or 6.5MM/.284. You can also chose left or right handed action and a number of other options as add-ons. It is a bargain if you win and if you don't you donated to a great cause, tomorrow's sportsmen.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of kaizer
posted Hide Post
Okay, so when I'm lucky enough to win this long-distance burner, which of the two calibers offered would be the better choice? I've never owned either a 7MM Mag or a 6.5MM/.284, so I have no experience to fall back on. As far as my purposes for it, I'd say pronghorn antelope and deer. And maybe someday I could take it over to the dark continent for some African plains game animals.

What do you all think would be the better caliber to choose? And why?

Posts: 92 | Location: Near Illinois-Wisconsin Border | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
IMHO, if you think of something as a hunting platform I usually give the nod to the one that uses the bigger bullets (within reason, don't turn this into a 45-70 thread!).

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Oh, PDF on the rifle:

http://sciil.us/PDF_files/Gunw...onLtrhd_SCIIL_GB.pdf

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post