New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to post photos?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would someone tell, in non technical terms, how to post photos here? I have read this info in the past and did not print or copy the directions - any help is appreciated - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you have pictures already on a hosting site such as http://www.imagestation.com/?

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I don't have pictures on a host site; are these host sites fairly straightforward to use ? I have not tried one so I don't know - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Image station has no limits on pics and has always worked since I started using it over a yer ago.

Here's a link to my pics I have to date. It will give you an idea of how it works out anyway.

my pics

If that don't work try this one
It's pretty basic, after a few times of loading them you'll get the hang of it.

Sign up, it's free and if you find one better just switch. I haven't found a SIMPLER one yet. That and the fact that it has unlimited storage too. It has the best of both worlds...FREE.

Once you get your pics on there, just right click on the "image" itself you want to post, select PROPERTIES and COPY (Highlight and CTL+C) the URL "address". Now in your post you will click the "IMAGE" button and paste (CTL+V) the URL in the box that opens up. (make sure it's blank when you paste the URL in, you don't want a double http:// in there or it won't work.) It will now paste automatically in the correct format on the post when you click "OK".

If you have any questions about sony imagstation email me and I can help.

One other thing, if you still have a browser open to the page the pic is on that you're posting, the pic won't display on your post until you leave that pictures page or close that window.

Take care,

[ 02-03-2003, 13:31: Message edited by: Brent Moffitt ]

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
This may help

Posting Pics

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the assistance, I will give these a whirl and see what happens - KMule