New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hesselblad's 200 MB Camera
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67060 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Are you serious about taking this on a safari ?

are you a canon shooter or Nikon shooter ?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is still unproved as a good safari camera, so I will wait and see how it performs.

I use both Canon and Nikon.
Each has its own little quirkies that make it sometimes better and sometimes worse.

Currently I am using a Canon 7D.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67060 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The law of diminishing returns is now upon us...

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
This is a very interesting topic. I used 6x6 Blads for years and loved them to death.

Now in the digital world I'm not so sure that still holds. The chief advantage of a premium camera is the optics which HB delivers in spades. However I don't really understand the advantage of the massive sensor, unless you are making billboards or high res images for some scientific or engineering purpose.

So what would I suggest as the perfect camera for safari? Perhaps this one, the 37.5 MP Leica S2. Lenses cost is on a par with HB examples or a bit more.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 200 mp back is actually 3 backs in one. It can be used at 50 MP for single exposure, 50 MP for multiple exposure, and 200 MP for multiple exposure.

So it would not be a good Safari camera if you wanted to use it at 200 MP because everything you shot with it would have to be on a tripod and multiexposure.

(I too remember the good old days when I used my Hasselblad 500 CM and a Sinar P view camera)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good gosh, what type of memory is this camera using?
Would never buy one, but would like to see a printed 30x40 image taken with one.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the 80meg Phase One is the largest single image sensor available just now.
Great for Safari ... if your faced with a wounded charging Rhino, just smack 'en on the head with the camera, that will finish it!

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
I visited the local proshop yeasterday and they had these puppies on sale with monthly payments about the same as buying a Cadillac Car. So now you can have one for $1k to about $2k per month just like a car. (You do the math.)

I've never seen this kind of program before, but if you can't afford the big hit, buy it on time and put it to work.

Incidentally the Broncolor rep and trainer was there as well.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote