New
Find
Notify
Tools

software to go w/digital camera
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Okay, I am very pleased with my Olympus C5050Z. It was about $800 but I think worth it. Now what I really need is the best software to go with it. It came with Camedia 5 and it is okay, just not much in the help department. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shannon

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just what kind of software are you talking about? Editing programs? If so, Adobe PHotoShop ver 7(?) is the top of the line for $600 ir so. That's what the pros use, and others who have the $ to spend. There also Photoshop Elements, for $100 or so. I have an older version of that. Some people say it's hard to learn, but it definitly is a powerful program. There's a bunch of others that cost from $50 to $100, too. Micrografx Picture Publisher, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, Ulead Photoimpact 8, Microsoft Picture It, and Photo Explosion Deluxe have all been rated pretty well. I think several of these let you try them out for 30 days with a download, and that's a good way to see if you like how it works. Good luck. ( I have the Oly C3000, have had it for 3 years. I think I'm somewhere around 4000 pictures taken with it. Good camera, but I want to upgrade when I get the $.)

Posts: 37 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 11 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shannon,

Photoshop is definitely the best, But I would say that unless you planned on doing more than just touch up or basic sizing etc I would stay away from it. A great program but it can get quite complicated. I use photoimpact on my laptop as a simple editor(resizing, brighter, darker etc. I also have Photoshop on my home pc but I still do not know all the ins and outs of the program, I have been meaning to take a course on the program through my local comm college but time has not allowed.

As you know any help needed just holler

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
Check this one - it is Free, it is Good.

Irfan View

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote