Find
Notify
Tools

Gator hides
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted
Well, it's not exactly fur, but you fur trappers might know what gator hides are bringing these days.

See, there are a number of public hunting opportunities for gators here in Texas, but all require a fairly expensive license and tag. I'm wondering if one could make a few bucks having that much fun, trapping or hunting a gator. For an EXTRA $125 you can have the hide tagged for commercial sale. Worth it? Total cash cost would be like $325 for tags and permits...seems pretty steep but maybe wild gator hide is really valuable somewheres...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who tans/processes the gators commercially in TX/LA/MS?

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
CDH, the only regret I have from my gator trip to Louisiana is that I didn't spend the money to get one of the skins tanned. If I had the chance to do it again I would absolutly spend $350 and to think they were only asking $150!

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote