Find
Notify
Tools

Conibear Trapp
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
I want to try marten boxes this winter for the european martens. As far as I found out a 120 Coni would be the best choice.
Which producer would you recommend, a friend of mine told me BMI are the best, is he right?
Can you also recommend a purchaser who is shipping my order to Germany.

Thanks a lot.

Posts: 27 | Location: germany | Registered: 29 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
You need to build the ultimate martin set.

Get the DVD "Wilderness Trapping" with Mike Lappinski. It shows the set I am talking about.

He uses a conibear, and this holding fixture to put it about 6 feet up the tree. Then uses pine boughs to camo the top of the trap. Kind of a cubby using the boughs to make the cubby set.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I order from this company: Trapper Art's

After looking over various manufacturers I found that Sleepy Creek (made in USA) makes high quality traps. They cost more but are much more heavily built than Korean and Chinese made brands.

I am getting ready for song dog season and will be trying some scents this year.

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stephan338:
Hello,
I want to try marten boxes this winter for the european martens. As far as I found out a 120 Coni would be the best choice.
Which producer would you recommend, a friend of mine told me BMI are the best, is he right?
Can you also recommend a purchaser who is shipping my order to Germany.Do a google search for copies of the techniques manual I have one of the original 1960 copies.

Thanks a lot.
Try to locate a Manual of Game Investigational Techniques published by The Wildlife Society I bought my copy while in college getting my BS for Wildlife Management Biologist,there is a chapter on capturing and marking wild animals