Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome To Our Newest Forum
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As requested, we have created this forum for your enjoyment.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I do a little trapping, this should be interesting

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
A lot of people still trap possums here in New Zealand,i do a bit of trapping when i get time.

There is quite good money for possum here these days $75 a kilo/$75 for 2lb it takes about 20 possums to get a kilo,just puck the fur off like one would puck a duck.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As requested, we have created this forum for your enjoyment.

SIXGUN PETA is going to love this

stir jumping stir

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is quite good money for possum here these days $75 a kilo/$75 for 2lb it takes about 20 possums to get a kilo,just puck the fur off like one would puck a duck.

No,really,,,what do you do with them?

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PT,
He's from New Zealand, are you sure you want the answer to that question.

Posts: 107 | Location: Wet side | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You couldn't pay me any amount to pluck or phluck dead 'possums.

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
It's a different species of opossum in NZ than in the U.S., much cuter and the pelts are pretty nice Big Grin

The Australian brush-tailed opossum.

They were introduced into NZ and are a very serious ecological problem, so have at them.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Well I hope to go to New Zealand hunting one of these days, but...........trapping? I live in Canada and I have been trapping for many years....BC, Alberta and Manitoba. Beaver, mink, fisher, martin, muskrat, lynx, coyote, fox......you name it I have trapped for it here.

Great forum.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375win:
375 win.

I'm a past district director of the Minn. trappers association and a trappers ed instructor. I put on trapping demos for the school districts(mountian man through modern) and at some local festivals. I did beaver control trapping for the local wardens in Minn and Wisc. Ended up moving to Wash. after the great construction slump in the mid 80's. Been too busy chasing a buck to trap since 86. will retire in two years and will hopefully hit it again.

This should be a great forum.

AWS

After the first shot the rest are just noise

Posts: 66 | Location: Wetside, WA | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't been on Accurate for awhile...thanks Saeed, glad to see new trapping section. I sure will look in from time to time.... i love to trap. Last year:

17 muskrats
too many coons
2 red foxes
1 gray fox
1 mink
3 beavers
1 coyote
1 snappin turtle

I like to bragg, too, lol. Not much to bragg about though considering the time spent (wasted i guess) but it's fun.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi I too have trapped as a kid and later during the fur boom during the 80s then on and off alittle since then. Cought em all coyote,fox, bobcat, coon ,beaver,.Loved every minute of it. When I retire I will be back at it. Its an art once hooked on you never forget.The only reason I don't do it these days is time. My other vices are big game hunting,with rifle and bow ,shooting,reloading,bow making,arrow making,and fishing,Work sure gets in the way of my fun.

Posts: 57 | Location: western nebraska | Registered: 04 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed!
I started trapping before I started hunting. An old neighbor said that a hunter needed an animal to walk in front of him, a fisherman needed an animal to eat food in front of him, but a trapper needed an animal to put his foot exactly where the trapper wanted him to put it. I decided that was for me. It led me to hunting and all the other obsessions that members of these forums enjoy.

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to trapping season just as much as I'm looking forward to hunting season!

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote